An interesting article on ethical culture. It important that this area is treated with caution by an Internal Auditor Activity.
I just read an interesting article by Scott Moritz of Protiviti. Measuring Ethical Culture – Tapping into Open Secrets is an easy read and covers the main points.
He suggests that employees are more likely than in previous years to answer a survey honestly, assuming that it can be answered anonymously.
I tend to agree, but caution that the willingness of employees to answer such a survey can be influenced by, among other things:
- The culture of the various locations in which the company operates. In some locations, people are reluctant to respond at all, let alone honestly
- Whether they trust the organization to treat their responses anonymously and not to retaliate
- Whether they believe the responses will be assessed honestly
- Whether they believe actions will be taken
- Their prior experience
- …and so on
I think there are other points that should be made:
- Both the CAE and the CRO…
View original post 321 more words